- Dorian, in affected Rich Bitch/Aristocracy Voice: I am not used to such hiiiiigh societyyyy part-tayyyys!
- Gina: You know, when you talk like that, you sound kinda like Pootie Tang, but like, without the gibberish?
- Marlene: No, actually, the best thing about dating a girl from Long Island who puts on Aristocracy Voice is that she sounds *just* like Candy Darling!
- Today's lunchtime conversation:
- Dina: Robert, if you want something from them, you just gotta turn on your charm & bat your eyelashes at 'em!
- Robert (laughing): Oh, honey, I'm too butch to bat my eyelashes! Could you even imagine?
- Dina: Ah-ha! So THIS is why you're surrounded by femmes? So me & Gina can do your eyelash-batting for you? THAT's why you keep us around?
- Me: Robert, I would like to state for the record that I have totally seen you bat your eyelashes. Like, multiple times. Don't even play like you don't, we know you better than that.
- Robert (giggling): Well, I definitely do it when I want chocolate.
- Me: Uh-huh, see?!
- Friend: WHOA! You fist *left-handed*?!
- Me: Um... Dude, I *am* left-handed.
- Friend (looking kinda disappointed): Oh...
— Thank you, Dorian, for the quote of the evening last night. :)
My entire apartment smells like chicken massaman coconut curry soup with basil, garlic, ginger, tarragon, nutmeg, cardamom, black pepper, bay leaves, scallions, sweet potatoes, and kale.
There are a lot of good reasons to pitch woo at me, but my mad kitchen skillz rank high on the list.
Are there any songs with characters named Gina OTHER than “Livin’ On A Prayer” (in which “Gina dreams of running away” from the diner where she works for The Man all day)? I mean, no disrespect, Bon Jovi, and I actually think it’s kinda cute (if mansplainy) that you are trying to represent for your working-class Italian sisters, but, uh, well…